FIXTURESNo upcoming fixtures — check back soon.
FORUM / MIKES GRIPES /  The Dubai Airlines flight

The Dubai Airlines flight

Started by Mozart5 REPLIES40 VIEWS· 30 Sept 2026, 15:31
SHAREXFACEBOOKWHATSAPPTELEGRAMREDDITLINKEDIN
Mozart
MozartCoach50,724 posts
30 Sept 2026, 15:31
#1
30 Sept 2026, 15:31#1

This flight ended with an emergency landing, the pilot injured with stab wounds and the passengers traumatized after a 17000 foot drop in 1 minute. It must have been terrifying. The cause is unknown, but apparently there was a fight, perhaps between pilots in the cockpit. Apparently a reserve crew on Board helped land the plane.

Details will undoubtedly follow.

sharkbok
sharkbokCaptain23,447 posts
30 Sept 2026, 17:15
#2
30 Sept 2026, 17:15#2

I have flown in windy conditions which creates turbulance.
The plane stops gliding and drops.
Some passengers start laughing. Others brace themselves, and others just go into panic and lose control. I always instinctavely brace myself with arms against the seat or side. It is scarey.

I cant imagine how scared I would be to fall 17,000 feet

Mozart
MozartCoach50,724 posts
30 Sept 2026, 21:04
#3
30 Sept 2026, 21:04#3

I have been on two flights hit by lightning and numerous flights through major storms…..one on the Concorde. But dropping 17000 feet for no reason has to be absolutely terrifying.

DE
Captain13,240 posts
Denny01 Oct 2026, 02:22

I’m a white knuckle flyer, and my worst experience was a flight from JHB to Harare. It was so rough that the crew had to stay strapped in their seats for the entire journey, and food was only served as the plane was approaching the runway.

Mozart
MozartCoach50,724 posts
30 Sept 2026, 21:52
#4
30 Sept 2026, 21:52#4

And the details from passengers make this appear more and more like an attempt to deliberately down the aircraft and kill it’s 170 passengers. Prevented apparently by the bravery of the pilot in getting the door open and an ex military Israeli passenger who put the co-pilot and assailant in a choke hold.

At this stage it looks like just another terrorist attack. The motivations aren’t totally clear yet but a pilot from Oman, Israeli passengers…destination Tel Aviv. It seems like the same hate.

DbDraad
DbDraadCaptain27,048 posts
01 Oct 2026, 05:08
#5
01 Oct 2026, 05:08#5

....a Jewish plumber saved the day!...

— END OF THREAD —

More from Mikes Gripes

More news